tow capacity of a QC

triton

Scarlet Fever
just wondering.... can stock suspension handle a 5K trailer with a 8K truck on it using a gooseneck ? I'm sure it will sag some but, not sure if it's too much for a stock set up

when it sags the rear supension just add air bags, just make sure you can stop it.

no time for or cash for that right away. The reason I ask is I need to tow my truck in a couple weeks and the tow truck is completely stock for now.

No problem, did it for the past two years just max your air pressure on the tires and put as much wieght on the trialer over the axles.

BBD

i put 5k of rock in the bed of mine it did set it down a bite but nothing that i wouldnt do again the truck did fine, plus all your weight wont be right over the rear axle

I towed a 12000lb forklift on a 5000lb trailer for 150 miles on the freeway. Scary as chit, but she did it. Lost 5th gear in my NV4500 a week later. LOL

if it swats your truck to much just add some cheap add a leaf springs to stiffen your rear suspension up

can stock suspension handle a 5K trailer with a 8K truck on it using a gooseneck ?

With a gooseneck you should be fine. Assuming the 13k pound weight, and about 10% of that as "tongue" weight, you're only at 1,300 lb on the truck.

I grossed 23k with my setup off of a bumper pull with the saggy Lorenz leafs, and it pulled good, but was a little touch and go.

You'll be fine!

--Eric