Tow mirror brackets..

I know this has probably been asked a million times on here, but I just ordered kool vue tow mirrors for my 98 dodge cummins. Wondering if anyone has the Dodge part number for the support brackets? Said i need them bc their not included. Need to call the dodge dealer monday see if they have them in stock.. if anyone has the part numbers please let me know. Thanks!!

LMC truck has them listed as follows
56-4170 Door Miror Bracket LH 24.95
56-4171 Door Mirror Brachet RH 24.95

Hope it helps.

Whats the brackets for?I put mine on without them.Wondering if I should order some.

Whats the brackets for?I put mine on without them.Wondering if I should order some.

To shoulder the load of the mirrors better. They weigh too much to be mounted to the flimsy outer door skin. The sheetmetal in that area of the door only consists of two layers. The bracket places the load on the raised portion of the mirror mounting pocket, with is by far way stronger, and puts more leverage on the mounting area to hold the mirror in place.

Previous owner installed mirrors without the brackets on my truck, they were wiggling like crazy, and would move a good 2 inches when you lightly closed the door. The door indeed flexes that much. I currently have stock power mirrors on it until I can get the brackets.

Bought me some about 2 weeks ago..I don't have the part number..But there about $15 dollars a piece from dodge

Thanks guys, I was kinda just looking for the stock dodge number so I can get them quick.. im afraid ordering from somewhere like lmc might take a few days. I need them by thursday morning. If anyone has the stock #'s let me know. Thanks!

Here you go
55156129AB - LH Reinforcement Bracket
55156128AB - RH Reinforcement Bracket

sweeet! Thank you very much! Do u happen to know if they go to a new number thats ac instead of ab? The guy said at the dealership when he ordered that number it superceeded to a new number which is exactly the same but AC at the end instead of AB. Got them ordered.. $15 a piece. Thanks sticky!!

Good Luck With The Mirrors If There Power I Know Some One With Them And All They Do Is Angle Down Since New, And No One Wants To Exchange Them For Him

I love them. I had the same problem though. It would only angle up and down, the other side would only angle side to side. Problem was a cut wire. Tell your buddy to carefully take them off and put back on, repair the broken wires with new wires, and cut a canal to fit in so they dnt get pinched. Id best most anything thats his problem.

Back