Tow Package Fuse Keeps Blowing......

AMMO22

BANNED
For some reason (which I have not discovered yet) my 30amp fuse in the engine compartment blows everytime I hook a trailer with brakes up. I have checked my Tekhonsa brake controller to make sure it is hooked up correctly. I have also checked the connection where the trailer hooks up to the truck.

Has anyone experienced this in their 6.7L? Is it safe to try a 40 amp fuse?

is it any trailer or just one trailer??

Well it was blown, when I got the truck with 25K miles, I replaced it on the way to buy a gooseneck horse trailer, I hooked the trailer up and tested the brakes. They worked for a couple of seconds and then nothing. So far that is the only trailer I have hooked up to the truck. But it looked like it had been happening previously since the fuse was blown when I got it.

sounds like there is a break in the wiring harness which is causing the short. best bet is swap out the plug and see if it fixes the issue. then if that doesn't fix the issue you are going to have to trace the harness and see if there is a break in the wires. if there was something installed aftermarket check to see if the harness was drilled into by mistake.