towing a gooseneck with a lifted truck

99_SilvrCummins

How many people out there do it?
Because I am looking at buying a hitch at a decent price so I have one but if my truck sits too tall then there is no need to.
I don't own a gooseneck yet but my father might soon.
My truck has a 4.5 inch lift with 35s.

thanks for your advice

Like JD said, just buy a tall trailer, extended neck might be what they call it.

word play

Most advertisements for the trailer claims an adjustable coupler this doesn't exactly sound like what I need more of an adjustable neck maybe?

i have a cousin that tows a gooseneck with a 07 dodge it had a 6 inch lift on 37's it towed fine only problem was if you went over a step hill it would want to get into the tailgate

caristruck.jpg

lifted 7 inches on 37's its my old ladys truck and it pulled my truck down the road just fine!:snoop:

those are some very nice looking trucks to say the least

Alright looks like I will be ok then just going to have to watch the stacks on tight turns which I knew already

The necks usually have a bunch of adjusting, I think ours has about 12inches.

here is a photo of my cousin truck with the gooseneck hauling shingles and a skid steer

Attachments

• jason towing.jpg
    jason towing.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 129
With the way your truck is set as far as it being level with the lift you will be fine.

I tow a 28' tandem dual gooseneck with my 98 on 35's just fine. And there is adjustment on the trailer tongue like others have stated for trucks quite a bit taller then mine.

Mine sits with a small amount of rake forwards because of the new springs I installed.

The skyjackers springs did not take well to towing and abuse the last owner put it through. So had to replace a couple and overarch them.

i pull a gooseneck trailer and my truck has a regular pickup bed and 40 in hawgs

I tow with mine after I put the airbags on i have no issues

Attachments

• rsz_1p1010389.jpg
    rsz_1p1010389.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 45