Towing behind a pickup camper

Rattlin_Ram

Anybody tow a trailer behind say an 11.5' pickup camper?

I'm curious about tongue weight limits with the hitch extension... Could you pull a 2 horse trailer with one?

What about the tag along axles? I've seen them on older truck campers but can't find them anywhere...

I know TurboMatt1 towed a jeep cherokee on about an 18 foot deck trailer behind his one ton/camper..

P1010495.JPG

My Camper is a 10.5, & I built my own 12'' extention. Anything more than that, & I would suggest lengthining the trailer tongue, if your gonna tow heavy. That Torqlift hitch system looks stout, but is likely well out of my budget. I have pulled several different trailers with my extention, including a 28' travel trailer, with no issues. I've seen smaller boats towed on a 36'' extention, using 2 locater chains, like the torqlift. If you have your own built, be sure to use solid 2x2 stalk throughout, & upgrade to a class 5 hitch on your truck. Most come from the factory as class III.

I worked with a guy on my last job that used dually with a slide in camper and towed a long enclosed trailer with his sons race car and all their gear, parts gen set, tires, tools, etc. He used a receiver extender like was linked above. The only bad thing he had to say about it was it was a ***** to turn.

The Torq-lift hitch is sweet and fits the bill, but it is expensive.