Towing Question on a Built CR??

sully1369

My 06 CR is about to be finished being rebuilt and I have 26' enclosed trailer. I only used it to tow bikes and quads to the track a couple times a month and help people move a few times a year. Normally going to the track I am easily towing less than 5k and if helping people move easily less than 10k. When I go to the track I sometimes have to travel 1000+miles. So what Im asking is it safe to tow this much and far with my truck as long as the the mp8 and smarty is turned all the way down?

Truck
.20 over
12 valve rods
12 valve crank
Coated pistons
Billet pushrods
140 springs
Twin CP3s
200hp sticks
62/s478
Water meth
estimated with programers stacked and up around 1000hp

I just dont want to destroy this engine, yano

Any input would be much appreciated!!!! Thank yall!

You are not making 1000hp with those twins on fuel only...

I would say your question could be answered with common sense, like does it get hot? If not, your fine. Does it keep blowing parts? No, then keep going. ect ect...

I would think you'll be fine with those chargers.
Your prob in the 700 to 750 range tops.

Leave the mp8 off, run the Smarty with reasonable timing, and keep the EGT's in check. If EGT's or water temps start to get to high, down shift, and slow down.

I've towed with a combined weight of over 16K on my 05, and it worked fine. In fact that's how I broke it in after a rebuild. Your setup is better for towing then mine is. Just don't expect to be able to use 700hp when towing (that's probably closer to what you will be making).

Paul

You are not making 1000hp with those twins on fuel only...

I would say your question could be answered with common sense, like does it get hot? If not, your fine. Does it keep blowing parts? No, then keep going. ect ect...

Well i have the dyno sheet that says 1035 on number 2 then it blew a rod and I am rebuilding it with a lil tougher inside so I would say it will be pushing 1035 sir. Thank you so much for your help and smart ass comments.

And if im blowing parts hows is that going to help me??????????????????
I am asking for help so I dont blow parts

I would have went with the 110lb springs for a DD on a stock cam.

Sorry i didnt mention it has a Street Strip Cam in it. Thinking about putting a Hamilton 188/222 idk?

Whats your reasoning for only 110s???

thank yo u

Leave the mp8 off, run the Smarty with reasonable timing, and keep the EGT's in check. If EGT's or water temps start to get to high, down shift, and slow down.

I've towed with a combined weight of over 16K on my 05, and it worked fine. In fact that's how I broke it in after a rebuild. Your setup is better for towing then mine is. Just don't expect to be able to use 700hp when towing (that's probably closer to what you will be making).

Paul

Now that is an answer!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much sir for your time!! I greatly appreciate your advice!!!!!

Well i have the dyno sheet that says 1035 on number 2 then it blew a rod and I am rebuilding it with a lil tougher inside so I would say it will be pushing 1035 sir. Thank you so much for your help and smart ass comments.

Get it together and dyno again...then come back and eat your crow.
You might have a 1000+hp sheet....doesn't mean crap as far as I'm concerned....a 62/478 ain't gonna get you there.

PS...if you don't like smart ass comments then don't post dumb ass stuff.

Enough with this he said she said BS. Until you have her strapped to the dyno, and not some piece of crap dyno, you can guestimate all you want, and it is just that a guess.

As for your question I tow 14kish every summer averaging around 8-10k miles each year for the last two years with my set-up and have yet to have a problem, although I am no where at "hot" as you are. Like others have said keep an eye on the EGT's and water temp, it she gets hot downshift and slow down.

Enough with this he said she said BS. Until you have her strapped to the dyno, and not some piece of crap dyno, you can guestimate all you want, and it is just that a guess.

As for your question I tow 14kish every summer averaging around 8-10k miles each year for the last two years with my set-up and have yet to have a problem, although I am no where at "hot" as you are. Like others have said keep an eye on the EGT's and water temp, it she gets hot downshift and slow down.

Thanx bro, appreciate it!

And im not trying to do this bull**** he says she says **** nor was I trying to toot my own horn. I was just trying to get some advice thats all. I appologize if it came out that way.

Get it together and dyno again...then come back and eat your crow.
You might have a 1000+hp sheet....doesn't mean crap as far as I'm concerned....a 62/478 ain't gonna get you there.

PS...if you don't like smart ass comments then don't post dumb ass stuff.

How is a simple advice question dumbass stuff?
Thanx for your advice and I love how people can talk so much over a computer. Im done with this thread.

I honestly wasnt trying to be a smart ass, it is just a pretty simple question. If you are not hurting the motor, then what is the problem? Like I said, it just seems like common sense to me, I guess I dont know another way of saying that without it sounding smart ass...

I have seen heavier than needed springs eat up a stock cam on a DD, and you dont need anything over 110lb for under 4500rpm with a not so big cam.

Also your buddy Tyler was running NITROUS!

Well shoot, he was lookin for a heads up run. We should be going up to a test and tune soon. The first couple with tyler driving, they didnt accept those numbers, air/fuel or with nitrous, so with the guy pfi had drive it, it made 520hp and 889hp on an .083 jet. No, its not my truck, he made a name, but he doesnt really do much with the internet. I drive a choker every now and then, but mostly just my mustang. If anyone does want to run his truck, just for fun, let us know.

who's doing the motor build? jw i've got a setup that's good for about 800-850, and i tow stuff with mine every once in a while.