towing w/big single

dgu

I just stuffed a s475 in my 6.7 cummins 03 super duty...Anybody have background towing with a big single?I live at 6000 ft and was told it would not light thats one reason why i did it o and it lights, but just curious if anyone has towed and how the truck acted..

Personally I'd hook up a trailer and go for a test drive. That would do better then everyone trying to explain how there's act. I'd imagine you'll just have to run it in higher RPMs to keep the charger lit and egts down. But that's just my .02

It will suck! But like said above try it you'll see! best place to see the failure is going up a curvy road with lots of slow down and speed up turns! You'll probably throw it at whoever told you it would work!

I just stuffed a s475 in my 6.7 cummins 03 super duty...Anybody have background towing with a big single?I live at 6000 ft and was told it would not light thats one reason why i did it o and it lights, but just curious if anyone has towed and how the truck acted..

Which 75 did you put in? 75/83/.9 or??

Plus whats your tuning situation?

There are many who can yow up to 10k with a S4xx and a 6.7 depending on tuning and driving style.

I live at ~6000ft too, I ran a billet S471 on my 6.7l and towed around 8,500lbs with it. It was great with a manual.. But I also have a lightly ported head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towed 2 quads on an aluminum sled trailer with my s480 on @2xxx feet asl. Egts didn't go nuts, but I wouldn't tow anything heavier than that with an 80/83/.9

I might try it again sometime once I put in bigger injectors, and the ported head

I towed my wife's jeep back to NC from GA with a S476/87/1.0 T-4. Did great. This is on a 07.5 with a 6.4 CR. What injectors are you running? Whats the specs on your 475?