Towing with a HTT/64/13SS

Jetpilot

Got Fuel
Ok for you guys running the HTT/64/13SS on your 04.5 and up trucks that tow, do you have any surging? I am mainly interested in the automatic trucks but all input is nice. Also what weight trailer do you tow and HP level is your truck?

Thanks,

Doug

Htt Ss

I have it (64/71/13 SS) in my twins setup and have NO surging. It spools very quickly and I tow at least twice a week. I can't imagine anything better. I told Nathan what I wanted to do with the truck (everything) and he recommended it,... he knew exactly what he was talking about. Sweet!!

I am curious too. I am waiting on mine to get here so I can put it on. Not running it in a dual set up though.

OT-OF-Here said:
I have it (64/71/13 SS) in my twins setup and have NO surging. It spools very quickly and I tow at least twice a week. I can't imagine anything better. I told Nathan what I wanted to do with the truck (everything) and he recommended it,... he knew exactly what he was talking about. Sweet!!

just FYI, you're very rarely going to run into surging w/ a twin setup

Jetpilot said:
Ok for you guys running the HTT/64/13SS on your 04.5 and up trucks that tow, do you have any surging? I am mainly interested in the automatic trucks but all input is nice. Also what weight trailer do you tow and HP level is your truck?

Thanks,

Doug

I have one on my vp truck and it spools pretty decent, but if I had towing in mind i would have bought the 62, but for your common rail I think a 64/13 would be nice since they just spool so well and with that smarty it should be no problem tuggin that pony trailer.$.02

not quite the setup you were looking for, but I have one on a 04.4 nv5600 truck. Tst, SMARTY beta setup. No surging with 18,000 pound gooseneck behind me. However on my setup it likes fuel/rpm not to prevent surging, but to stay lit, and cool. but too much fuel will make it still get hot. (on a side note I like to run my stuff a lot higher than most, so moderation may make it unnecessary to watch the temps) No surging, and a lot better towing than some I have driven. Good all around turbo