TPS wiring

2141pete

Hell I dont know
Ok guys I havent been on much b/c I'm out of town at school until Dec. The truck is running great but usually doesnt shift until 2200 RPM and shifts up and down very hard and under hard acceleration will run right up to 3800 RPM and fall on it's face when the ECM shuts the LP off. Is it possible I have the two wires closest to the outsides of the plugs spliced flip flopped from the right spots? I love it but it just doesnt feel right. Sorry if I dont answer right away all I have is the cell phone and fat fingers LOL.

I didnt even think of that. I'll look into it as soon as I get some time.

Mine came out of adjustment after a VP swap once and it ran the RPM's out to 2100 and shifted hard. Got it back in to adjustment and now it shift at 1800-1900 and shifts nice and smooth.

Thanks for the help. I suppose it will need tightened? Is there any method to it or just trial and error?

With the throttle at idle position I think it calls for 1/16" or 1/8" of slack in the cable.

Thanks, I just looked at the schedule and we have tomorrow afternoon and tuesday off so I'll get on it.

my tv cable was 1 1/8'' to long i cut it off and re-crimped it im sure yours will be far to long also