trac bars n lockers

jshdappel

anything diesel
i have an ext. cab short bed and id like to build trac bars. does anybody have some good plans or suggestions? also what would b the best locker for these 2 wheel drive one wheel wonders? thanx

Look in the sled pulling forum...there's a traction bar thread stuck up top with lots of pics and ideas.

As for lockers...Detroit Locker ot Detroit Tru Trac seem to be the most popular.

I run Farmboy Fabrication bars and love them. I have had almost all brands out there and nothing compares

As for a locker....I have a detroit tru trac and it works awesome...

no lift, ijust need something to keep wheels hooked up on the strip. PSD u know these tucks very well what your thaughts.

True-trac if its a daily driver...detroit if you are a little more for play.

I am a little bias on the traction bars, but there are a lot of good products out there....a lot of subpar stuff to. Depends on the driving style, conditions, etc.

Since you are 2wd and not lifting it, a solid mounted bar would work on that setup. Since you said you wanted to build it yourself, I would suggest building something like a parallel 4-link setup. But use the leaf spring as the top bar. What you are trying to do is limit the forward travel of the bottom of the axle tube. 4-links are the best way to do this. However with the leaf in there it won't give you the level of tunability a multi-holed bracket would. Then we could spend a rediculous ammount of time plotting intersect points and finding instant center and blah blah blah.

In my opinion, you will not find a nicer set than Jesse's from Farmboy Fabrications. They are a vendor on here and the difference can be felt as soon as they are bolted on.

thanks for the info everybody, i appreciate your input. I am gonna build a couple sets to c which one work better.and if yall r wondering why build some, so i can say i made them.. thanks again

I have a Detroit Locker in my diesel with Fabtech trac bars and a detroit tru trac in a 450hp mountaineer. Day to day drive-ability is much better with the tru-trac. As for traction differences, I have cant really compare the two because of the differences in both vehicles. I have not once had a one tire fire with the tru-trac. You will be very happy in either route.

I dont have lockers..I run fabtech bars..but if I had it to go over again (one day I will) I will go with Jesse's Bars...I have already broke one bar and the other is on its way out.

And what will happen when you set his bars for no trailer and then put the trailer on it with the tractor?

it will have airbags by then..he knows what I do and said he wanted me to try and break some along time ago..so maybe I should give it a shot.

I just don't want to see you potentially sheer a leaf spring center pin.

I am actually considering a set. How well do they work when you have airbags. I do alot of towing and have a set of Firestone Ride-Rites installed.

Back