Track bar...

alvin12v

So I experienced death wobble today, pretty scary for a first time... SO what I'm getting at is which track bar to go with? I checked mine and it is worn out... TIA
Dwayne

Thuren fab

well worth the wait, and money, trust me.. PITA to put on, but AWESOME once its there... I got one, and havent looked back

Rick

DT profab on mine.. I ran the style that others offer on my Jeep and I hated the thing.. I will never own another track bar that isn't captured at both sides of the heim joint.

Howdy Lucky Jeff! You're from NW right? I'm cumminz12v on that forum, just thought I might grab a few more opinions here. TxDiesel007, it's good to hear that you are happy with Thuren's track bar, but I researched it and it says you have to weld it on??? The bar looks beefy, but welding/cutting/drilling of the frame is not exactly my cup-o-tea... ;)

alvin12v said:
Howdy Lucky Jeff! You're from NW right?
yeup, the same. Had to see what the rest of the Diesel nuts of the country were doing :Cheer:

TxDiesel007 said:
Thuren fab

well worth the wait, and money, trust me.. PITA to put on, but AWESOME once its there... I got one, and havent looked back

Rick

Same here, but mine wasn't that bad to put on. I've had it on the truck for 4 years I believe. I have the 0-3" adjustable.

I have the same one super dave

NO alvin, mine was a direct bolt on, almost, no welding required.. least not that i can remember..

Rick

TheWrench said:
Solid Steel Ind bracket and a gen 3 track bar Problem fixed

That's what I used to cure mine. New steering box, tie rods, steering stabilizer, and 3rd gen trackbar. Now it drives like my 3rd gen.

I also have the Thuren...BEEFY!!

I've heard Don say he's never sold a rebuild kit for one yet!
I also didn't think the install was hard, but I had all the stock steering arms, and trackbar off at the same time, so that might have made things less cluttered!

Chris

Solid Steel 3rd Gen Trac Bar kit,DSS Brace and Lower Control Arms here...

It drives as straight at 55 as it does alot faster,not that I ever do that.....Andy

shayne said:
I'm a welder! Box the frame there, it might help, depends on the air
I might get in Caca for that, no matter what your little frame is twisting. What options do you have? Mild steel stresses, and cast brakes!! Stiffin it to your driving, I'm going to bar n plate

Back