Track results

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Well, unfortunately they aren't that good thanx to some sort of binding issue in the drivetrain. Ran a 13.4 @ 98. It's making full boost (55ish psi), fuel pressure holds steady at 50psi, and there's a light haze of smoke while going down the track. So apparently the motor is doing everything it's supposed to do.

Going down the track it feels like someone pushing on the brakes then letting off for a brief second then pushing on 'em again. Does it in 2wd and 4wd. It only seems to do it at full throttle, although it could just be that it's not as noticeable at lower speeds.

It needs a brake job pretty bad so we're gonna do that first and see if anything looks out of place and pull the front and rear dif covers and do the same. If that isn't it I've gotta think it's something in the trans, although it doesn't get hot and the fluid looks just fine.

Hey, everyone has to start somewhere. Hope you get it figured out.

Lavon

Try running it hard and keep a toe on the brake pedal...if you feel it pulsing the ABS may be doing something weird.

Try running it hard and keep a toe on the brake pedal...if you feel it pulsing the ABS may be doing something weird.

My new H3 was doing some wierd crap like that and it ended up being the ABS/stability system doing it. BTW the 5.3 in it(H3) is a hoot, and it is getting a Magnacharger asap(sorry off-topic).

quick...dex get some spray so you can say you're faster than Danny

Back