traction bar ??s

tirefrier

Coal Train conductor
I am going to build a set of my own. Ive got a mega cab. How do you know how long to make them? Its mainly for street driving occasional drag here and there. truck wont see any sled pulling i think.thanks for the info

Go to the sledpilling section I think there is about 200 sets of ladder bar pics. You should be able to get some ideas anyway.

You want them to follow the drive shaft line or more, That would be towards the grounds. Most make them long enough to reach from the axle to where the frame is completely boxed, not shure if 3rd gens are boxed all the way or not. Most average around 6ft and up. There are shorter one also but i dont think they work so well with the lift.

if you wont be sled pulling how about building a set of caltrac style bars?

Look at my 4x4 traction thread. Lots of good info over there. If it's a street/drag truck you don't want them too long

i built my caltacs for about $120. i also used thicker larger DOM tubing, thicker plate, larger bolts, but same quality heims they use. my advantage was i lathed my own aluminum bushings and have a metal break.

did u powdercoat urs in that pricin that and my time it was just for my advantage to buy them

did u powdercoat urs in that pricin that and my time it was just for my advantage to buy them

if time was the problem i can understand. no they are not powdercoated, painted just like my truck. I had the time to build them, and put another $200 elsewhere in the truck, so it was worth it for me.

Back