traction bars

kasey200

:Cheer: Well i fabbed up some traction bars today. They turned out pretty good. I drove it around for about 15 minutes and it didn't seem to affect the ride that i could tell. I'll try to get a couple pics up tomorrow.:Cheer:

Here's a few pics. I am at school so I don't have all of my tools here. When I go home next I plan on adding another tube on top of this one with a bend in it, then I will plate in between the two. Sorry for the truck being so dirty but the high today is only 5 degrees or else I would wash it. It would freeze instantly, you can see the extinsion cord in a couple pics. Gotta keep it plugged in or it won't start.

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 77
those look a LOT like jesses bars....
jesses bars = :rockwoot:

Last edited:
Looks good.

Personally I'd switch to a spherical bearing rod end (heim joint) with a jam nut.

Those look like 3 point hitch upper link ends...hard to keep them tight.

they are 3 point links. i'm on a budget. also i put a small tack weld on the jam plate so it won't loosen

Last edited:
How long did you make your's. I run the same homemade style that are about 6'5" single bar. So Far no problems, thats after 3 pulls, and 2 1/4 mile runs they havent broke and do an awesome job with wheel hop. 60 dollar traction bars are hard to beat.

99Binder said:
How long did you make your's. I run the same homemade style that are about 6'5" single bar. So Far no problems, thats after 3 pulls, and 2 1/4 mile runs they havent broke and do an awesome job with wheel hop. 60 dollar traction bars are hard to beat.

6'2" each because that is all of the tubing I could find laying around. I put a few more miles on them today and the axel wrap is gone. Like you said, for $60 you can't go wrong especially when they serve their purpose.