Traction bars

nummit

I have a local fab shop that can make me a set of traction bars. I need to what is the best design and how long should they be?
Anyone got a drawing or some measurements?

Fixed bars??
Or floating bars?

How much coin you dropping?

Depending on what they are charging you....you may be better off getting the Farmboy's bars, now that he uses that fancy mount at the frame and all. Nice fixed bars.

Price depends on what I want, the guy is local and I know him so I think the price will be very reasonable.
I want floaters, correct? How long? What kind of ends would be best?

Floaters are the best, no binding if they are designed properly.

You'd need either a upward facing shackle at the frame (like RIZE or Fabtech...RIZE is better built).

Or a slip joint in the bar itself towards the frame mount like the Daystar/ORU bars.

With either setup...they have to split into two tubes to mount at the axle. One at the bottom of the axle tube (slightly hanging down lower than it) and one towards the top of the axle tube.

Sperical bearing rod ends (more commonly referred to as Heims) give you the most angular movment to prevent binding during suspension travel.
Don't know if there is anything along the lines of a johnny joint that would work in that application.

who makes a good prebuilt kit i can just purchase and install. not sure if i am capable of designing one but i know i can install it. any suggestions are welcome. thanks in advance.

you don't have to run a lift..he build per application.

I just bought the fabtech floating traction bars..come to find out they only offer bars for the dually axle..so the brackets are being extended a 1/2" to fit the 4" axle housing.