Trailer brake issues on 05

jedeka

I'm only getting 2.5 volts at my trailer brake prong in my 7 pin connector. I thought I found a corroded wire behind the bumper and fixed it, but voltage didn't improve. I followed the harness along the frame to the front left corner of cab and didn't see any issues but voltage is still 2.5 volts. Can controller be faulty??

I have the Prodigy controller on b3, which is the most aggressive setting.

Use the manual tab and make sure your voltage is going up and down Also. I still thought they had an adjuster knob I could be wrong though.

You might want to give Prodigy a call, if that is one of the "smart" controllers they act different than the older ones. Regardless, if you do not have the manual control maxed out, it will not supply max voltage no matter what. Most controllers use a pendulum or accelerometer to regulate how much they put out.

I did some testing today. Turning the manual arm on the bottom off the controller, I can get the required voltage to the 7 pin connector. I did a little driving and controller showed trailer connector was not hooked up. I bent the flat spades in the connector out go make better connection to the truck. Finally got brakes working and almost throws me thru the windshield. I'm going go out a new 7 pin connector on the trailer side.

Back