Trailer lights problem

beatty97

Rusty
My 03 has stop and signal lights on the truck but none on the right side of the trailer plug all the fuses are good anybody got an idea

check the rear bulbs on the truck. they have a thing that they get hot and burn the connection on the bulb not the plug. if thats the problem hen put some bulb grease on the bulbs that will help keep them cooler.

My 03 has stop and signal lights on the truck but none on the right side of the trailer plug all the fuses are good anybody got an idea

get a cheap test light start at the plug if everything works there then check the light itself on the trailer. testlight will save you some time and are cheap.

no power at plug for right side stop and turn signal but fuse in box is still good

thats sounds like a break in the wire along the line. does it do this off and on or is this the first time.

all the time

Id bet its where the plug is wired to the harness. If it the kind that splits the harness then the plug harness is bad. If it just splices into the wires check the connectors or splicers.

Did you find out what is wrong?

More then likely it is the total power train control module. Seen it happen to a bunch of newer trucks. EXPENSIVE fix though...

I had a similar problem on my 04. There is a module on the fusebox that controls the lights. After checking all the wires and all the connectors, I replaced the module and everything worked. My buddy at the dealer said that this is a common failure

Check all the fuses that have anything to do with saying trailer on them. I had the same issue, the ones marked trailer turn were good, but there are 2 more, I think #23 and 24, one of those were bad