Tranny actin a fool

Lostnwalmart

Ok so I lose lock up and od when I hit 150 degrees. Everything works great below that temp. Manual switches don't even work and temp sensor has a resistor in it... Any ideas?

Brand new selonoids, toque converter is a suncoast triple and has maybe 5k on it but I hope it doesn't come to that it just went out of warrenty

Last edited:
If it's bad I'll get a dpc or valair converter but me thinks it's still good. Never heard bad things about sun coast :what:

Ok so I lose lock up and od when I hit 150 degrees. Everything works great below that temp. Manual switches don't even work and temp sensor has a resistor in it... Any ideas?
add another cooler to keep temps down LOL

Personnally when you dump 6 grand into a tranny and have it blow up in under a 100 miles and then not back up your product says it all! Turns out a seal was installed BY THEM wrong that caused the failure But hey it happens to the best but how you handle it speaks volumes! So if customer service is not a big deal then yes they have a good product most of the time just hope there are no issues! I like customer service and Goerend has the best as do some others here on the forum!

Hmm I had a trusted mechanic build mine soo it was on him if it broke no issues with the suncoast parts. I wired the 12v source directly along with grounds for the tc and od to see if it's electrical. And will go from there, being stuck on an oil rig makes this harder than it should be lol.

Last edited:
when mine was acting up it was doing more than just losing 3rd and od.. but a new governor solenoid and pressure sensor took care of it

if you go to the dyno saturday ask chris. he will steer you in the right direction.

Will do I think my fix should work just makes it 100% manual. You going to go try and blow the mfdt up?

Check your line pressure, gov pressure and check to what your o/d port is doing. Then report back to us.

Looks like it was a wiring issue. The trans works great now with the new 12 v power source. I'll start tracing wires once I get off the rig to find the short.

Back