Tranny Flair

chriswelters

Just a kid
My tranny is starting to flair. I have a dj tunned sct, 37s and stock 3.73 gears. Is there a common problem the 04 trannys. What could be the problem?

is this what happens as the tranny wears out...? Can you do that with the SCT in the options?

Get a hold of Suncoast and get one of their upgraded solenoids for your truck, explain the problem and they'll get you the right one. Worked for my truck when upping the pressure only made shifts undesireable.

37's and 3:73's is the problem. Thats waaaaay too much tire for the gear.

I plan on getting 4:10s in my truck this summer. I got a quote from Jesse about a year ago for all the gears install kit and detroit tru lock. What do the solenoids run?

Anythings gonna help. But if your gonna stay with the 37's I would get the 4.30's. Do it right and forget about it.

don't remember exactly but I think about 150.00, I did mine as the same time as my service, drop the pan and swap it out

Yes do 430's unless you do a lot of towing. I put in 4.56's and with my 38's its way low geared.

4.30s it is then. No I havn't tried changing tunes. Another thing I noticed is that When under WOT then let off halfway on the throttle around 3rd or 4th the truck flairs real bad.

The 3rd 4th flair is your direct drive clutches most likely. They are not happy. Also, have you changed the tire revolutions in the SCT for the tire size?

Does it happen consistently? Or only depending on throttle position, assuming you can hold the same position consistently?

Mine started out as a delay from R-D or D-R then progressed to a flare at W.O.T. when SCT tuned, then progressed to a flare untuned.
Fixed by warranty rebuild. Clutches were smoked due to solenoid contamination

not really a hesitation in the engine but a rise in rpm because the transmission doesnt "grab the next gear" at exactly the right time. happens on a transmission that is syncronusly shifted instead of progressive. one part releases and another isnt applied with perfect timing.

thanks Fordfan, that is what I was trying to describe. Mine seems to do that only on occassion and it seems to be 3-4 shift, and I could not publicate it if I tried, it just happens on occasion, and never at WOT, it seems to be only when leaving from a light under regular around town driving, no load. For a guy that can't afford to replace his tranny, would it be wise for me to remove the street file in an effort to conserve my tranny? I'm running Doug's Extreme Street tune and Eric's too. No race file.

you could return to stock then reload it. i had the same problem running extreme street and upped my shift pressure 5%, problem solved. you still need gears but it would cause gear hunting not a flare up i believe

Back