tranny help

95pstroker

i just converted back over to the good side and bought an 01 dmax ccsb.. it has intake and banks 6 gun speed loader and exhaust. the other night i wanted to see what it had and cranked her up. well when i got to about 80 the tranny went into limp mode... thankful i shut it off and i got my tranny back. question is.. what can i do to prevent that.. i dont really want to drop thousands of dollars for a rebuild or a billet tranny. i also wanna go to efi live as well. i see alot of guys running transgo shift kits.. is that goin to make it not go into limp mode??? thanks!!!

Once you limp it, it will take less and less each time afterwards to limp it again. Also avoid switching tunes and then getting on it as the ALLISON is a highly adaptive trans and needs to learn the added power before it can hold it. Even a built trans will slip if you go from a stock tune to a 100HP tune and floor it. You can do the valve body portion of the tRANSGO kit, but it won't really increase the holding power of your trans so much as it helps it to shift faster. The 5 speed ALLISON really need the internal upgrades to make em live with added power.

Back