tranny issue

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
The other day when I went to pass a car I of course got on it, but as soon as I pulled up next to the car I was passing my truck just shifted in to neutral or something. I mean everything was going fine until bam and my rpms shot up, so I let off the go peddle. As soon as I got on it again the truck hooked up, or shifted back in to gear and I was off passing the car. Also a few weeks ago when I pull out of the drive way and go down he neighborhood my truck shifts into neutral. When it does this I've put the truck in neutral, drive, 2nd and 1st to see if I can get the tranny to engage in any gear, but it wont. I just have to wait a few seconds and it will finally go back in gear. It's done this about a handful of times. Oh, and it only does it when I first crank it up. Any ideas???

i had a 01 gas dodge that would slip out of gear like it was going into neutral when i would floor it getting on interstate but it would go right back in the trans guy said that it had to much line pressure and thats what caused it to slip. it maybe the line presseure or somthing like that, my dad had his flushed the other day and it was 2 quarts low and did that to, so maybe check the fluid level, just a coulpe of guess, thats what i have delt with

maybe it does it beacause the fluid is still cold. i know my tranny shifts differently when i first start it, especially when it is colder. just a guess really.

turbo dreams said:
maybe it does it beacause the fluid is still cold. i know my tranny shifts differently when i first start it, especially when it is colder. just a guess really.

When it's cold it does it anywhere between me pulling out of the drive way or about 200 yards down the road. Also I'm not even going 25mph when it does this. Now when it's shifted out of gear when I'm passing a car or getting on the peddle I have been in the truck for about an hour. I've been driving back and forth to my parents house and that drive is about an hour and a half.

I'll check the fluid and see what I find out. Also I've got about 15k on my Suncoast tranny so far.

I checked the fluid and it seemed to be just fine. I guess I'm gonna give jeff a call on monday.

Does anyone have anymore ideas??

Call Jeff. I'd hate to speculate and look like an Idiot LOL

It could be a number of things but most likely the v/b. Tommy can pull the v/b and check it for sticking plungers or trash. I don't think it's the solenoids.