tranny issues

INLINE 6

single turbo lover
ok so my input shaft went out a couple weeks ago it stripped the splines out of the drum it goes into so there wasnt much metal that went through the tranny i dropped the tranny pulled the shaft installed a billet one all the frictions looked fine no warping they looked almost new then i put it all back together how it was before now its back in the truck i flushed the tranny all the way out filled it up to the max mark adjusted the front band to 72 inch lbs and backed it off 2 turns and now it slips in all the forward gears and reverse feels firm and good like it used to i have to rev it up to 2000 rpms or more to get it to start grabbing in drive u can barely even feel it shift im stumped.... is there anyway my line pressure is out of wack now or my tv cable any one who knows please help its a full ats trans and a transgo shift kit

I am guessing something went south on the input shaft installation. IE something happened to the apply piston seals etc...

I'm gonna guess you didn't get the piston, belville spring or a seal in correctly when you swapped parts. You have a gage to check pressures?

ATS billet inputs don't come with the seal rings on them. I'm almost positive that's your problem. Same thing happened to my brother a few years back.

ok so i pulled it again and sure enough i didnt put seals on the new shaft there is two small yellow ones and one bigger green one around the base of the shaft i really appreciate the help do you thing it caused any other tranny damage by not putting those in??

Depends on how much you drove it.. was there as lot of metal and clutch material in the fluid? If not then you didn't hurt it too bad.

Back