Tranny options?

Houston24

Hey guys,

First time on this site. Involved with a few other forums, but thought I'd get some opinions from yall.

Truck details are in my sig.

Tranny as of now is a billet single, vb, and some other billet parts. Truck is strictly a street truck. It will be running slicks pretty shortly. Don't tow with it.

Truck is a 2wd, so I have some questions on what else needs to be done. I found a shop out of California that I want to use for my hardened shafts.

1. I'm getting input and inter shafts. The company HAS made a output before for a 2wd, but they are very pricey. More of a custom job. 1500 bucks or so. There really one of the only I have come across making SOMETHING for output on a 2wd. I'm really thinking of leaving this stock, as its a nice breaking point that generally doesnt do much damage. Also it would be nice to save that much money.

2. I have done quite a few pulls with it so far, and I havn't blown through the single billet yet. My tranny builder swears up and down that hes had them on 650 hp trucks before with no issues. Is he full of it?

3. I ordered a PMW Platinum flex plate. Seems to have a good reputation for the price. Good choice?

4. When I had the tranny pulled the last time, the builder said everything else looked good. As I'm now doing it a second time, should I just bite the bullet and get a rebuild kit? 150k on it already. Don't know its past below 130k. I am getting energy bands with this build.

5. Anything else I should be weary about? Any tips/recommendations?

Thanks!!
Cory

Last edited: