Tranny problem? 03' 6.0

Racefab

This just appears to be happening when the truck is cold. When the tranny goes into high gear and the converter locks up, the truck starts shaking IF I am just cruising along. If I mash down a little on the throttle the shaking stops. I seems worse when you are starting onto a small grade hill but again, if you mash down on the throttle it goes away. I cant tell for sure if the converter unlocks every time or not, but I purposelytried to not mash down enough to to kick down a gear. It will do this about the first 10 miles to the local 4 way stop. From there on it is fine. The fluid level is good, fluid is red and has no burnt smell. It shifts fine. I feel like its not an engine problem but can not be a 100% sure. Any ideas appreciated.

Last edited:
Injector(s) is your problem. Need to get the truck on a scan tool to know which ones.

Thanks guys! I would have bet money it was the tranny or converter. It only does this in high gear. I haven't had a chance to get it on a machine. I will update with results.
Thanks again.