Tranny problem?????

Dezlsmkr

I have a 99 auto with the edge attitude, the problem is just out of nowhere
it started heating up according to the edge moniter the fluid does not smell burnt and when the moniter said the temp was 197 I pulled the dipstick and the fluid was warm at best it wouldn't even burn you , now once it says about
225 the "O/D Off" light comes on. What is happeneing?? The tranny is not stock it was built with suncoast parts I do not know the specs because it was done when I bought it. Any help would be great!!! Thank u

sounds like a bad temp sensor. Pretty easy fix, but the pan will need to be pulled.

Yea but I think the edge uses a seperate sensor, and the way I am understanding he says that attitude is reading high, and then the sensor in the VB is reading high and kicking it out of OD.

It wasnt a guage problem the OD blew out on the way home. Tranny still shifts great otherwise but i guess its time for the triple disc converter and a billet input my local tranny guy that has done a ton of these says a total rebuild with the billet input and triple disc will run around 3k that seems pretty fair.

That price is extremely reasonable, enough so to beware in my opinion. Let us know how it goes.

I actually have a ton of experience with this guy his trans are second to none around in these parts and he has built several diesel trans down here that i know of all with exellent results. I would say this paricular guys reasonable prices are what keeps him in business aswell as swamped yr round. 5k is just a bunch of crap for a trans IMO DEPENDING on the setup.