Tranny question... please help.

BigBadDually

I have a 95 ctd with a 47 rh. The other night i was driving down the highway at about 1800 rpm when all of a sudden for no reason it feels like the torque converter unlocked? or something and the rpm went up to about 2000 for 2 seconds and then back down to 1800 again. It did this twice in about 8 minutes of highway driving. It also did this to me about a month and a half ago but at a slower speed about 60 km/h on the highway in overdrive.

Is my tranny in trouble? The truck only has 31,000 kms on it, has never worked too hard, and the only mods done to it right now are stock plate full forward, afc full forward, cat and muffler removed, so straight 3", and an intake. I have a 3000 gsk, a #5 plate and a boost elbow to go in but i wanted to get my tranny done befor i do that, just dont have the cash for the tranny yet.

Thanks guys.

Likely the TPS. Other cause might be a touchy brake light switch which will unlock the converter. I put in resistors to eliminate the POS TPS; works great and shifts when it should.
JJ

Smokem said:
Probably the TPS, I just use a $4 switch to control lockup.

I did the same thing. I also cleaned it once and it helped and it has been ok ever since.

Ditto, altho I did replace my TPS when I got my tranny from Goerends, just to be safe and not to have to deal with the switch when im on the highway.

Travis

There is an thread on resetting the TPS/APPS in the Dodge Articles forum here....