tranny ?'s

6owed

gettin' faster
I took a little roadtrip to Ruidoso, NM this past Friday and before I left I took my truck into a new lube place that has a good car wash. I had my oil changed and my tranny flushed. As I arrived in Ruidoso going up the mountain my tranny never got hot but when I took off from the first red light it shifted funny and then before 3rd gear it hesitated and then slammed into gear violently. at this time I was freaked out that far from home w/ tranny issues so I pulled into the first parking lot and pulled the dipstick, it was at least 4 quarts too full. I immediatly dumped a gal jug of water out and drained the oil till it was right. My question is did I do any damage to it. it seems to be fine, but I took my tune off since it has such firm shifts (that I love and miss) what do ya'll think. I know that it could be fatal to a tranny w/ that much fluid in it and it was drivin 300miles like that before it messed up.

Another question is did they use the correct fluid? I believe Mercon SP is the correct fluid and the last I knew it was only available at the Ford dealer.

crap, does that make a big difference, I bought my truck used and was never told this by anyone. I guess what I mean is am i damaging it

my main question was do you think it is damaged regardless of the flluid from being over filled??
it seems to be fine as far as driving so I assume that it is fine, I am waiting to get a leak fixeed under warranty at the dealership so I will tell them the story and have them put the right fluid in.

I don't know what the side effects of wrong tranny fluid are. But from what I have gathered it is not good!!

Try the manual