tranny shops in Oklahoma

curtism

just did a front servo, accumulator, and valve body and now my trans isnt downshifting to first before taking off. any suggested shops in Oklahoma??

Maybe the gov pressure sensor wasn't hooked up tight when vb was put in?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

When you say did VB? Did you do the VB? Did you put in something to address the higher line pressure(resistor, diode, VBA)? Too high of line pressure will send most trans to limp(IE drop out the 12V to the trans so you lose OD, LU, and the PWM of the gov solenoid)

If you can put the trans to neutral, then immediately go to manual 1 and shift manually through the gears, it is probably an electronic issue.

Sometime it will drop to 1st on its own. but yes if it doesnt i can put it in first and it will then take off as normal and shift through the gears. and im sorry for saying "did" lol, i mean i bought a "built" VB and switched them out! It seems to be more sloppy now than it did before i did the work! I had zero problems going in, no shuttle shift, nothing at all, just wanted more crisp clean shifts. And im near OKC. I do appreciate all the fast responses!

hindsight is 20/20. i actually went that route because all i heard was good things. now all i get is "take it to a shop".. anyway, any suggestions what kind of problems i could be having? ill drop the pan and make sure all my connectios are good. also my try to put my old VB back on and see if that gets it back to normal.

I've never heard bad about revmax either. Gasser guys like them in street builds, and I know a few guys running their diesel converters with no complaints. Yet.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

yea.. im still not willing to say anything bad, may be something i did but i cant imagine what.. servo is a hard part i just take one out and put one in, accumulater and VB are the same so i just dont know how i could now have problems that i didnt have before unless the VB has problems! maybe im wrong

yea.. im still not willing to say anything bad, may be something i did but i cant imagine what.. servo is a hard part i just take one out and put one in, accumulater and VB are the same so i just dont know how i could now have problems that i didnt have before unless the VB has problems! maybe im wrong

I suspect the truck is going to limp mode, which would give you 3rd gear starts and no OD or Lockup.

im pretty sure i have OD and LU, take off is the only thing that feels bad.. tach about 1700 at 70 so i know im in 4th. no guesses at problems?

i put a new gov solenoid in.. possible a bad one out of the box? really wish i had some way to look at pressures

yea i think ill try that.. would it be worth it to just swap the gov solenoid first and try that or just go ahead and swap VB's?

Back