Tranny swap questions

dodge.01grizzly

Looking to buy a nv4500 to put into my pulling truck. Im currently using a nv5600 with a 241DHD transfer case. I was wandering if anybody knows if the nv4500 would be a direct replacement or do I have to change anything, specially anything to my transfer case.

wander how much it would take to make it 4wheel drive compatible. And if they really are 4 in. shorter, if so, what do I need to do to make it work...

The clutch will work. They both use the same adapter plate your trans cross member will work. Front drive line needs shorter back drive line longer. The four wheel drive linkage I think will adjust enough to work. Keep your reverse switch they work in both. Transfer case will bolt up as long as both trans are four wheel drive. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head I changed from an NV4500 to NV5600 I'll never go back why do you want to change anyway?

Its for a puller...I would rather have a 4500 in a puller....parts seem to be easier to find and u can run 4th low. That's just my opinion though others may think different.

Back