Tranny Upgrades

jasonram2500

LOAN KING
Gentleman, I am needing a little help. I am trying to help one of my friends get his tranny right. I have no idea what is a good tranny set up for Chevy's. He is not looking to make rediculous power, but for sure something that will hold together at about 450-500hp. Any ideas?

Billet input, convertor and VB.

No need for a billet input at that level. You don't usually change out the VB just make a modification or 2.
Most trans kits like a Suncoast 3 and Big Dipper come with a converter, That's all you need for 450-500

Depends on the vendor. I'll look tomorrow if noone else chimes in.

ScIV and converter that will take care of anything a stock bottem end can handle .

X2, I would say plan on spending between $2,700 and 5k depending how much of the labor he plans on doing himself. Suncoast 3 would be sufficient for 450-500++ but the 4 is not much more.

You might as well build a strong trannny,because the sickness doesnt stop at 450-500hp. We run ATS stage5, however suncoast is a big player in our area.Go all out on the tranny, the best allison still isnt s**t!

Suncoast 3 with shimmed main line pressure and a C-3 oiler , it held just fine on my 11.0 pass and has 2 seasons of racing on it so far . The parts are imortant but the big difference between a good trans and a great trans is a the builder .

Suncoast 3 with shimmed main line pressure and a C-3 oiler , it held just fine on my 11.0 pass and has 2 seasons of racing on it so far . The parts are imortant but the big difference between a good trans and a great trans is a the builder .

X2 SC 3 is a solid kit. Can be had for about $2200