tranny ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am pretty sure that my tranny went out of my truck, i took it to a diesel performance shop to make sure that it was the tranny, it wouldn't go in gear with the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, so i thought that the slave cylinder was bad, replaced it and not any better. I can put the tcase in N and shift threw the gears but when i push the pedal all the way in and try puting the tcase back in gear it grinds and my pickup wants to move, also if i turn my truck off and start in gear even with my clutch all the way in it still wants to move. Started getting harder to get in gears for about a month prob. I can hear a clunk sound when i idle it down and mash it, coming from the tranny. They are expost to drive my truck today and see if it is the tranny, o and my clutch has never slipped or anything. my main ? is that if it is my tranny. will a nv5600 tranny bolt right up in its place? i know i have to get my rear driveshaft shortend and my front lengthend. Does it matter which year the 6 speed comes out of? i think that they stoped making them in 04, but doesn't the 03+ have a different tcase then mine and then that would prob mean that the output shaft is different to??

Throw out bearing? I would stay with the 5 speed, short of the fifth gear nut, and if you want to put a bigger input in it. 5 speeds are a lot less dollar than the 6 speed unless you just need the closer spread of the gears. It souunds like the clutch is not fully releasing, and your pushing too hard ont he syncros or something.

The 6spd requires what you have noted, but beware, a used unit will run you 2 grand plus. Since they are no longer being made the prices have gone up considerably.

Back