Trans blanket

Weeble

Will a RCI universal blanket work on an Alison ? If not were do I get one that will?

Call Deist Safety in California. Full blanket made for the allison, SFI 4.1 rated, covera from bell housing to tail shaft extension. Very well built and extremely well priced.

Thanks they were real helpfull, and not a bad price copared to what I had heard.

Directly from Deist. Price is $215 plus shipping. Got mine in 3 days.

We bought one when Jneal ordered his as well - thanks Jer-Rod. Nicely made and priced - not something you can normally say in the diesel world these days.

That may fit around but I don't think it will cover enough of the bellhousing as well as around the pan. And I know NADM requires SFI 4.1. That one doesn't say if it is SFI rated.

blanket

I think rules say it has to overlap at least six inches. Raw diesel, haisley, and eep sells a stroud made for the nv4500.

We bought one when Jneal ordered his as well - thanks Jer-Rod. Nicely made and priced - not something you can normally say in the diesel world these days.

Have you installed it yet?

If so does it go from back of motor to tailshaft with a 6" overlap? If so, that is one heck of a price.

Also is there an SFI spec on it?

Edit: Special NTPA & MTRA Blanket is SFI 4-1, and would ASSume that they would all be that way, but just covering all bases.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back