Trans Coolers

Graphic Man

what is everyone running for aftermarket coolers

I am pulling the heat exchanger (make room for the twins) and going to run a trans cooler,
I am thinking of running one in place of the one in front of the rad,

just wondering what everyone else is running to keep things cool on the street

Thanks
Scott

I still have the factory one in front of the intercooler, and added a plate style one mounted to the inside of the frame, behind the transfer case, and in front of the fuel tank. The one I added has a fan hooked to a toggle switch. I tried using a temp sensor, but I like to get the trans temp down to 140* between rounds, so the switch works better.

I know some people relocate the stock heat exchanger, and run hoses to it. I decided not to do that, because the stock heat exchanger wants to heat/cool the fluid to the coolant temp. I like being able to start a pass with the trans temp much lower then the coolant temp. The cooler fluid helps keep from welding clutches when building boost at the line. In over 1300 1/4 miles passes I haven't had any problems over heating the trans.

Paul

Ahhhh.....Thanks .....i was not looking for a trans cooler (have one) but more on how everyone else was running them.....(ex.In line with the stock cooler, stand alone Etc.)

Thanks