Trans governor solonoid

Limited

Slow N' Quiet
Where is it exacly? Do I have to drop the VB? I am changing it tomorrow in hopes of regaining 3rd and 4th gear, along with reverse. I've been fairly deep into these transmissions but never changed this solonoid before, just want to know where it is before I tear into it. Thanks

No VB can stay in but you have to drop the filter....good time for a change....gonna need a t5 torx bit for the filter and solenoid holder.

Good deal, thats easier than I thought. Gonna pick up a filter tomorrow.

How much is the solenoid? I don't have any codes but I'm having the first to second gear problem. Will this fix it?

where did you get the solonoid? I went to all the local auto parts stores and they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had a governor pressure solonoid. I found a place on the internet that has them for around $12 so I guess I will get one from there.

I got mine from a shop in the area that supplies transmission parts to local transmission shops. Just find you a small shop in the area that rebuilds trans and they can get you one.

WOW glad I didn't order it from the local parts store. They wanted 139.99

Do the governor solenoid and pressure transducer at the same time since your in there. Its just as easy and you wont have to worry about it going out anytime soon. Not neccessary but I hate tranny work.

You dont even have to drop the filter.

There is just 2 or 3 7/16" (I think) bolts and 2 torx that hold a plate on to the vb that the sensor and solenoid are held in by.

Its cake.