Trans is effed up

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
Truck in sig 48re with billet shafts. Stock everything else. Been running fine shifting great. Ran fine this morning but now doesn't. No reverse, Drive takes fir ever to move. No 1 or 2. Feels like I'm pulling 20,000lbs in drive. Bucks a little and has no TC lock up. Trans temp was at 185 when this happened. Fluid is good little dark but still red and not thin. Linkage moves like it should. Abs and brake light is on. The electric pump on driver top center of trans just buzzes like crazy with KOEO. Running predator on Tow and modified cp3. Trans was completly rebuilt 42,000 ago. Any thoughts? Also havnt pulled a trailer or under heavy acceleration for the past few days.

sounds like you have a bad governor solenoid. There's 2 solenoids in the valve body, if replacing one it's wise to replace both. The other is a transducer and the body needs to be dropped to install it.

Sounds like you are stuck in OD since you say it feels like it is towing 20k lbs. Sounds like direct cluch is done. With no direct you would have no reverse. It is possible to twist shafts and have it go crazy. You may have smoked the reverse band. Do you have metal in the pan? If so. I will give you the address you need to freight the trans to.

my truck did the same thing. I pulled the trans and the pump drive on the converter was broke. All i had was 1 and 2 and kind of reverse

my solonoids won't kick on or off with my scan tool. And I'm dropping trans Monday and taking to the original tebuilder. And pan has no metal filter looks clean.

Back