trans issue

D Twigg

Starting to understand
Ok guys, this thread is for a buddy of mine, hopefully he can chime in and give more specifics when he gets a chance.

A couple weeks ago my buddy had the trans in his girl friends 93 rebuilt and it was having a couple issues going into overdrive before but if you let off the throtle it would go into OD. During rebuild the trans temp switch broke, he put a new one in and installed a potentiomiter(spelling off) no it won't go into OD with the POT in any position. He did hook up a toggle swtich to the OD plug and when the the switch is thrown it'll go into OD just fine. Question is, is the overdrive plug bad or is there something else that he should be looking at that goes bad and can cause this, any help is greatly appriciated. Theres no visible corrosion on any of the plugs and the wires look good visibly.

Thanks Twigg.

Thanks twigg, btw the truck ias a 93 w250 with the 46rh in it any help of what to test or look out for would help me greatly. :thankyou2:

is there a sensor on the trany line, my 93 has one and if its unpluged or went bad it won't go into OD.

yea i just put that sensor in brand new about two days ago cuz that is what i thought the problem was but it didnt lol

no problem buddy, just tryin to help a friend out when n where i can.

Hey go ahead and check the voltage output of the pot if its to high it wont go in, with a pot i cant realy help you with voltages but my TPS won't let mine shift if its just alittle to high. mine is set at 1.65vdc at rest and 4.25 at WOT, sorry cant help anymore.

Dar