trans oil

firemn260

I know it's been discussed alot and I've searched the crap out of it. I get the fact I need Castrol syntorq but I can't find it anywere. I called a few dealerships and most had no idea what I was talking about . One told me that syntorq I is no longer made. I looked up a on line store that was recommended in a archived forum but they were sold out.

I need to flush my trans like yesterday because I don't know if what was put in there was the right stuff. (Tranzilla?? Anybody heard of that?)
Thanks

There are a ton of fluids people have tried over the years that appear to work but you can't go wrong with amsoil MTF or syncromesh oil. My NV4500 in my 01 liked the amsoil and penzoil syncromesh equally.

I know it's been discussed alot and I've searched the crap out of it. I get the fact I need Castrol syntorq but I can't find it anywere. I called a few dealerships and most had no idea what I was talking about . One told me that syntorq I is no longer made. I looked up a on line store that was recommended in a archived forum but they were sold out.

I need to flush my trans like yesterday because I don't know if what was put in there was the right stuff. (Tranzilla?? Anybody heard of that?)
Thanks

Give the dealership the PN's. Dodge 4637579 or GM 12346191. One of them will have it.

Find a national brand with an equivalent API rating and go on with life.

the amsoil is cheaper than the dealer crap. just order it online, it shows up quick. I run a 1/2 qt extra in mine never had an issue.

Where are you and who are you talking to?

I would recommend Amsoil MTG, it's cheaper, or Castrol Syntorq which is readily available from Dodge or GM dealers under the part numbers Shainer gave you, GM 12346191 or Dodge 4637579. I always found the GM cheaper than the Dodge.

Amsoil MTF and Pennzoil Synchromesh are for the NV5600.