trans question

Pet Monstr

not sure if there is a allison specific page on here so ill just toss it up here. my 2.6 puller is an 01 cc/sb built trans mostly suncoast parts. i went to put on my gn for byron diesel drags last weekend and as i was getting on trailer in 4wd it slipped into neutral and rolled back off ramps. it did the same thing few weeks prior heading to a dyno event. it sends a ses light but is just a general trans malfunction code. i did notice that after 4 years of pulling the rear drive shaft seems to spin about 1/2 turn when going from reverse to drive. so i figure my chain in t case has a bit a slack in it, one buddy said thinks it might be the 4wd actuators. when its in 2wd and on the road it seems fine. wonder what you guys think, its at the trans guys shop now but not sure when he'll get to it.

I have heard of the fork in there wearing out and doing this, the T case isn't that complex inside (IDK if you have had it apart before or not). I would split the case and look for worn out parts in there

Does your transfer case have the pump upgrade? If not when you get it apart it would be a good time to it. Merchant auto sells a nice upgrade.

yep its got a pump upgrade when i had trans built they inspected it and all was good. got a call friday. both halves of the case are junk said the bearings are gone and egged out the case when they sit. plus you could damn near touch the chain together. but all the shafts look fine lol.