trans swap

valleyduramax

have located a 47re trans for sale in my area for buddys truck to swap in in place of a518 so he has lock up converter. question is what does it take to get this thing to work without having to switch over to manual valve body? can the trans be wired up and run off tcm just like the newer 96 to 98 p pump auto trucks?? would like to have 47rh but cant find one around my neck of the woods. looking for help to get this wired up and working.

If you want a RE in there, you need the TCM and swap it in fully.

Hold out for a RH. Besides the trans you need:

2nd Gen adapter plate
2nd Gen Flywheel
2nd Gen starter
Shorter driveshaft

well we dont have a time limit in the sense that it needs to be done in a weekend type deal and we got the swap parts taken care of. the main concern is that if we have the tcm that the swap is possible and that the trans well work the same as it would in the proper year truck that it came in. dont want to have a manual valve body and stuff.

Go to then 2nd Gen section and ask if all you need is the tcm.

If its not needing to be done in a weekend, then look for a RH. Where do you live? I might know of a couple off the top of my head.

sorry i meant that we have trans and tcm all we need to know is if the tps and any other sensors that the tcm needs signals from are able to be wired in or are we chasing something that is not able to be done?? what sensors does the p pumed trucks have that the ve trucks dont??

Good question for the 2nd Gen crowd. All we have are VSS, TPS, and crank sensor. If it is different from 2nd Gen, I do not know.

You need a complete 2nd gen harness, and to go through the TCM and find out what wires need a voltage signal, and how much. If you would classify as someone who could build a complete wiring harness for a vehicle in a weekend, then go for it. If not, probably going to be tough.