Transfer case grenades...... Now I have more issues

cetaneaddict

Causing my own headaches
I have had this weird vibration in my truck for a while. 02 2500 4x4 nv5600. I've been trying to isolate it. Anyways Friday going down the highway at 75mph the vibration got worse then within seconds it felt like someone was taking a hammer to my floor boards. Popped the truck in neutral shut it off. Pulled it over. Crawled under it and the T case was toast. Got it home. Pulled it out. I had a DLD laying around and enough parts to make it work. When I pull the old DHD t case out. fluid ran out of the back of the trans. Probably about 2 cups of fluid. Got it all back together backed it out of the garage heard some binding, metal pinging noises. I put it in 2nd gear and just get it move at idle speed and there's some bad vibration, binding noises. What could it be? I'm headed home right now to pull the front drive shaft to try and isolate the problem. I'm about to burn it to the ground!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
Figured it out. I need a front driveshaft. If anyone is willing to part with a front drive shaft I will buy it.

Good luck. I swapped mine out 100k ago and the ring lands for the joint snap rings on the "new" one are worn excessively.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I got mine from a local driveshaft shop who rebuilds them.

Located a drive shaft. The pivot ball was hammered and the locating pin for it was nonexistent. The "new" is in good shape and it currently in the truck. I've been plowing snow with it since 3:30am