transfer case question

solostyle

OzoneKilla
I thought my weird noise was my front driveshaft but I am beggining to think it is my transfer case. I know NOTHING about transfer cases. I heard there is a front bearing and thats what it sounds like. A bad bearing noise. When I remove the driveshaft it goes away so i think it has something to do with the front output part. Anyone know how hard its gonna be to fix or maybe how much?

What noise is it? Mine is a 2nd gen, but I've been through 2 front DS due to the CV joint getting dry and wearing out. Dealership said they suspected my lift as adding to the problem, but couldn't prove it so they replaced under warranty. you have more lift than me, so it might your DS. Can you put your truck up on stands and in gear(kinda dangerous if not careful) and identify the sound? thats what it took on my part. It wouldn't do it on the stands either till I put a little load on it by riding the brakes slightly, then it made all kinds of noise...

i just had my front driveshaft rebuilt because i thought that was the problem but its still there. I replaced the u-joints and the yoke but apparently, thats not the problem and was a waste of time and money......