Transmission build parts list- looking for inputs

1998dsmtalon

So I am about to have my truck dropped off to have my transmission built. The goal is to try to make this thing bullet proff as possible. Looking for inputs to what I may be missing.

Goerends Master rebuild kit
Goerends Flex plate
1 piece Sonnax Billet input shaft
Upgrade Output Shaft--Billet
High Pressure Valve Body with solenoids
Triple Disc Torque Converter Limited Lifetime Warranty
Billet Flex Plate
Billet Intermediate shaft
AFE double deep pan

I believe that was it. I didn't see anything about a billet hub. Is that something that comes with the input shaft? If I missed anything feel free to tell me. Goal I have in mind right now is 700-800 hp truck that has the ability to be daily driven (probably wont be though).

Those guys come in that kit..
I would do a laminated flexplate over aa billet one, much cheaper and actually flexes..
Of course i say this and i can't get mine running right...

I only went with the billet because it was all they had on their site. I had the haisley weld in on my 47re never ahd any issues and it was cheaper.

The only intermediates I have ever seen break were billets. We run stock ones unless someone just absolutely demands a billet intermediate.

The only intermediates I have ever seen break were billets. We run stock ones unless someone just absolutely demands a billet intermediate.

Really? Goerend told me the exact opposite when I had my last trans built.

sorry i should of looked up what was included in that kit. I have been told to stick with the stock intermediate as well. I run a dtt flexplate, and goerand converter. The dtt flexplate is a quality piece. I figured it was a good middle of the road choice from a welded stocker, to a billet (worried about lack of flex)

I have read that the stockers break around 800hp. My stocker held fine at 600 and never had any issues but I dont want to reach a high hp goal just to have the truck go down and have to replace the intermediate shaft.

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the Suncoast master overhaul kit and the Goerend one. There is almost a $500 difference. And they look the same to me.

Last edited:
I used a suncoast one. I had to buy the servos, front band, anchor pin, and a few other things extra to upgrade them. Looking at goerands most are included

I can guarantee you there is a lot different in the kits with that price difference!!! There cannot be an extra $500 profit in it.

I have read that the stockers break around 800hp. My stocker held fine at 600 and never had any issues but I dont want to reach a high hp goal just to have the truck go down and have to replace the intermediate shaft.

The intermediate is the largest and longest shaft in the trans. Our theory is that the OEM has more torsional "give" than a billet so that it deflects under a quick power load rather than breaks. OEM has worked for us on trans that have been putting over 1000hp to the ground.

The intermediate is the largest and longest shaft in the trans. Our theory is that the OEM has more torsional "give" than a billet so that it deflects under a quick power load rather than breaks. OEM has worked for us on trans that have been putting over 1000hp to the ground.

Well that sounds good, saves me $800. What do you guys suggest for a flex plate.

Get an insert from dpc.. Easy peasy. Makes stocker twice as strong...and it still flexes with torsional load

Got a link? I did a google search and it didnt find anything.

What about another haisley?

Haven't seen the haisley unit..

Call that number on dpc's website. Phil himself answers the phone, every time. Is a very nice guy and is very knowledgeable about what he does

Watching this. I am also curious about the intermediate and how about phat shafts for over 750 ish

Had one of our comp. trans come back last week. The billet input was twisted, but the stock intermediate was fine. When you cross into the 8-900hp range then looking to a bigger input shaft like the Omega or Opie shaft is a good idea if you can afford it.