Transmission build up

freedomfighter

What is needed to be done to my tranny to hold 600 hp. I have a triple disk converter and valve body in it right now. How much should I expect to spend? It's a 97 cclb with just little stuff done to it right now

Depending on who you order from they're probably going to want to use a new converter and VB for warranty purposes. I just ordered a Goerend and IIRC it was about 6K. You're going to want a billet input shaft. A billet output if you plan on doing boosted launches. The stock intermediate is usually good. You'll want to do something with the flex plate. You can also order a master rebuild kit from just about any of the big names or put your own together and have someone local build it. Around my area most of the warrantys are crap. I decided the extra money spent was worth it for the warranty and having someone that specializes in our trans build it.

or convert to a manual transmission. of you go with this option you will need a heavy-duty clutch.

or convert to a manual transmission. of you go with this option you will need a heavy-duty clutch.

Then you're at the cost of a built AT, been there, done that. You think it's going to be cheaper in the long run but the little things get you. IIRC it was about 2,500+ for just the conversioin parts with a new trans. <- Didn't want to start with someone else's used junk. Then another 2,500 for a DD clutch and input shaft.

Thanks for the info and an auto would be better for me. I wont be sled pulling but just dd and weekend race toy. A conversion would be badass but I dont think it would fit my needs well

Manual vb if you want that option. A shifter for a 3speed dodge trans like a 727, and two toggle switches to control overdrive and lockup.

How much would it run you to do this setup but with the shifter as a stick that you can change gears by pushing it up or down? If you have a setup like this is there a way to be able to shift into nuetral without having to go through all the gears? And if you have this setup what kind of building do you need to do to have your truck hold up to 600hp?

Get a B&M megashifter and just run a VB that has been modded, don't need a manual VB.

Make sure you do your research on who you have build your tranny... but all the prices these guys have on here are pretty accurate... I would definitely suggest billet input and a flexplate upgrade... and 95ram made a good point about warranty issues..

Billet input tc, vb, flywheel and clutches apply levers . Outputs are a lot stronger then most think. Kids around here doing 50 psi on stock outputs.

Billet input tc, vb, flywheel and clutches apply levers . Outputs are a lot stronger then most think. Kids around here doing 50 psi on stock outputs.

Going down the road with a turbo making 50psi is fine. It's when you do a 20psi boosted launch where you run into problems.