Transmission Question

Strokin79

I am gonna be ordering a converter and billet input shaft for my tranny...If the trans is in good working order, do I need to do spring the extra $1300 for the rebuild kit or will I be ok without it? I am gonna shot for 600hp on nitrous.

$1300 is pretty inexpensive for what it could cost later. It's a hard decision but if the trans is stock, it's only a matter of time. In fact, most feel the stock converter handles the power WAY better than the trans itself does and some might recommend scrapping the converter and putting the dough in the trans.

Strokin79 said:
I am gonna be ordering a converter and billet input shaft for my tranny...If the trans is in good working order, do I need to do spring the extra $1300 for the rebuild kit or will I be ok without it? I am gonna shot for 600hp on nitrous.

You might be able to do it with a tuner and exhaust and nos with no problem. Where are you at in SC. What kind of a truck you got?(2wd,4wd,YR?)

Spend it.

Do it right the first time.

1300 for a rebuild kit??? Little high in my opinion.

I'm about 15 minutes south of Rock Hill. Truck is a 2006 F350 CCLWB 4x4. So far I have an SCT from innovative with the xtreme race tune, a 4" straight pipe from the turbo back, and guages...can't decide if I want to do the intake or not since I have heard the stock one is pretty good.

If I am not mistaken, $1200 or 1300 is what the Suncoast kits go for....

I was going by the price listed on DJ's website of $1218.00 for the suncoast kit. Is there something different about this and the extreme kit?

Intakes not necessary, IMO. Makes it easier to change/clean the filter but I didn't noticed much difference otherwise, but it does look good. I did it mainly for the ease of getting the filter out and servicing.

Thanks for the heads up on the intake...I pulled mine out once...What a pain the :shake:! But I would rather put the money I would spend on an intake towards the tranny. What about something like the EGR Delete up-pipe from Elite Diesel....Does Getting rid of the EGR completely make a big difference?

In my opinion the 5R110 trans already has 2 filters, does it really need a third???

That is why I went with the SunCoast Extreme Rebuild.

i hear ya mikey, but just for the hell of it, i went with the external. from what i've gathered, could be wrong tho, the external filter catches well over 90% of the fluid and filters it where the one by the cooler doesn't really catch as much... does that sound right or stupid, my memory is fading on that now... anyways, i did go ahead with a nice BIG external... with the little pressure gauge on the side to help me gauge when a service is needed.

Not a bad theory Scott. . .You really can't have too much filtration can you???

But, as long as this truck gets me there, I don't care!!!!!

Back