transmission temperature?

bassn_07

My transmission started flaring in 3rd gear so I dropped my truck off at the dealer on Monday and they reflashed my truck and now the tranny shifts great. What I did notice is that on the way home my isspro gage reading was about 200 degrees, that was in stop and go traffic. So I took the truck back yesterday and they said my gage is reading about 20-25 degrees too high because of where I located my probe. I located my probe in the existing port the transmission already had. They used a computer well test driving the truck and the transmission never exceeded 175 degrees. Does this sound right? Where else could I locate the probe?

I'd want it wherever it reads hottest...

They are feeding you a line of BS! Sounds like they upped the line pressure to compensate for the slipping clutches.

Dalpilot said:
They are feeding you a line of BS! Sounds like they upped the line pressure to compensate for the slipping clutches.

The thing that sucks about it is that I now have 34,500 miles on the truck which means only 1,500 left to go on the warranty. What could I do? I could I go to the service manager and complaint about it or will I hear the same thing as the writer.

had my isspro in the line pressure test port, never saw above 175 until about 150 miles before it failed. make sure it fails before warranty is up

Tell them that you feel like it is about to fail, and since it is prior to your warranty going out, you want something in writing. Or go somewhere else.

been there done that. didn't work. Locked it in 4x4 and power brake it till it cooks.It will take a while to cook it all the way.

legends14x said:
been there done that. didn't work. Locked it in 4x4 and power brake it till it cooks.It will take a while to cook it all the way.

What didn't work? Did the dealer laugh at you and your burned mess and deny warranty?