Transmission Upgrade ?

Countryboy07

I am getting ready to have my trans. built and wanted your guys opinions on these parts:

1) Billet input shaft

2) Alto Red Eagle Clutches and steel's

3) Transgo Shift kit

4) 1600 RPM stall Stallion Torque Converter

The Clutches, steel's, and shift kit all come in a package. Below is the description:

Clutch pack upgrade, overdrive 5 alto red eagle clutch plates & kolene steel's - scd pressure plate - scd overdrive piston, intermediate 5 clutch plate's & 5 kolene steel plate's - scd pressure plate, forward 5 alto red eagle clutch plate's & 5 steel plate's, direct 6 clutch plate's & 6 steel plate's - scd pressure plate - scd apply piston, low & reverse 6 alto red eagle clutch plate's & 6 kolene steel plate's, and 1 shift kit.

Any advice is appreciated. The above parts add up to a little more than $2,000, so I want some advice before I have any parts ordered.

Thanks again,

French

Sounds pretty good to me, thats basically a full build. I would get an aftermarket VB, like BTS. Then do the rest you are speaking of and that thing will hold up to 600hp with no problem

No need for a valve body. Its all in the solenoids. The Red eagle clutches don't take as much heat as the Raybestos stage 1s we use in our units. Dropping the stall 500 Rpm? Why?

Dropping the stall 500 Rpm? Why?

It is just a converter I found online from Precision Idustries. I'm probably going to go with either stock stall, 1800 rpm I think, or a little higher like 2000 rpm -2200 rpm. I was just told by a friend to look at spec-rite torque converters. So? I still have about a week to get everything ordered.

-French

X2 on checkin out spec-rite... I know guys runnin them that say they are the best on the market

I personally like the ones Suncoast builds. They load the engine a little better.

As far as stall, what turbo do you plan on running? Larger turbos higher stall, small turbos stock stall.

I personally cut open the suncoast converter and was amazed to find the stock single disc clutch and a billet stator with an "Oops" in the machining... Maybe my buddy "forgot" to order the tripple disc option. If you want to have a billet front cover installed thats one thing. If you want o have a lower stall turbine cover put on thats another option. Billet pump hub is something else. Changing the number of windows and the pitch of the stator is another. Blah Blah Blah. Just figure out the reason you are buying something before you just buy it.

Either an II stage 2 or a fixed vane 64mm and some 190cc sticks.

-French

I would look at an 1800 to 2000 stall. I have an 1800 in my truck and I have a slightly larger setup than what you are running. The truck is pretty easy to drive. When we sled pull, I would have liked to have a larger converter, but outside of that, the 1800 SunCoast converter I have is great!

Probably won't go with a bigger set up for a while as I still use this truck around the farm. I was pulling my 35' gooseneck full of round bales this past weekend and the tranny slipped going into third. I can't wait to have everything done.

On a side note, I am going to go through BDP to get my parts. I can get a killer deal on the parts. They mainly deal Suncoast and DTS converters. Anyone every hear of these converters?

-French

as for your charger you have on , I would check out trusted performance. are you still going to be hauling hay and what not??? Its kind of a toss up on a 62 or a 64 if you are.. but you will NOT be dissapointed

as for your charger you have on , I would check out trusted performance. are you still going to be hauling hay and what not??? Its kind of a toss up on a 62 or a 64 if you are.. but you will NOT be dissapointed

I've been looking at their 64mm turbo, and as far as towing, I would still like to be able to tow every once in a while. My dad has an '03 as well that is strictly a farm truck, so I guess it doesn't really matter if I can't tow with mine anymore. I take it that you really like your new set-up.

Also I have seen your truck sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings here in Lima a time or two and always wondered who's it was until I saw pictures on here.

-French

where about you from???? I havent got the charger on it yet. give me 2 wks and it will be on. if your around look me up

where about you from???? I havent got the charger on it yet. give me 2 wks and it will be on. if your around look me up

I live in Lima through the week while I am attending UNOH. I have seen your truck a couple of times and have heard about it numerous times around the tug-a-trucks, but never put two and two together about who you were. I will have to come and take a look at it sometime.

-French

Back