Transmission wont shift properly.

06cummins03

Have a full built trans in my truck. Everything upgraded except for intermediate shaft.
I started driving today and at first would not shift out of first then second. Came back topped off oil and same thing. Drove around for a while and problem went away. Temperatures have been below 180 all day which is normal for it. Started acting back up tonight again. Truck will shift into second run to 4k but wont shift any higher when throttle is reduced truck cant decide what gear to go in and acts as if the convertor is not engaged at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Mathew

Hmmm...Limp mode? No overdrive clutches? Pull the pan and see what you got.

Kinda sounds like the converter is about to blow.

I agree with the above post, drop the pan to see whats in there.

Could it be a solenoid in the transmission. Thats the code that im throwing. I know theres something dealing with the kickdown if you dont upgrade and it now is currently stuck in 3rd gear. Everything drives fine just slow off the line.
Mathew

Sounds like a gov solenoid. Is the factory one in there? They SUCK when running high line pressure

Use the borg warner part if you replace it. BW 50185

Who built the trans? I'd be calling my builder and asking them.

Builder ended up screwing me. Im changing out the governor solenoid today so we'll see what happens.
Mathew