Trany swap nv5600 to 47re!???

blackoutdp

Ok me and a guy are trading tranys! His 47re for my nv5600! The trucks will be side by side for the swap! I was just wondering what all i need to run the auto in my truck!?? Any help would be great!!

Ok me and a guy are trading tranys! His 47re for my nv5600! The trucks will be side by side for the swap! I was just wondering what all i need to run the auto in my truck!?? Any help would be great!!

Driveshafts, transfer case, steering column, interior trim pieces, pedals, etc.

I dont think you have to trade the T-case!! Its the same year truck and should be pretty straight forward! The thing i was wondering about is the electronics for the auto! Will they hook up to my ecm or do we have to trade booth ecm's!??

trade trucks

:hehe::hehe::umno: I didnt ask weather i should just get a new truck or not! My truck is built how i want it(twins,200 stix,fass,head work,ext) but i want an auto and he wants a stick so if you can help me than please do! If not dont post worthless crap in my thread!!:thankyou2:

You will need to swap transfercases due to the input having different splines between the manual and auto.

I have been researching this for awhile and have come up with it everything I believe. It also depends on if you want it to look factory or not? I am going with ease of install with mine so I am using a manual vb and a floor shifter therefore I do not need to swap ecms or harnesses or steering column. If you want it to look factory you will obviously need those things. You can also run a standalone transmission controller if you dont want to shift manually all the time. But for the trans to work in your truck you will need to either shorten/lengthen your driveshafts or swap with his. You need a different input gear in your tcase because the manuals are a 29 spline versus 23 spline. or find a auto tcase. If you want it to look factory you need all of the linkage for the auto ie. tv cable kickdown it just depends on how nice you want it and what your going to use it for.

Thank you!! The other truck will be right there and should be able to swap all his stuff over! The manual VB is a good idea tho! But so if i want to swap it all i will have to swap all the harness and ecm and everything!??

Thank you!! The other truck will be right there and should be able to swap all his stuff over! The manual VB is a good idea tho! But so if i want to swap it all i will have to swap all the harness and ecm and everything!??

ECM and PCM and any tranny specific harnesses would be the best bet to starting right up with no problems (fault codes, errors, etc.)

Regarding your comments on my first post in this thread, I simply gave you the best advice that I could give you at the time (little to no information about yours or his truck). How was I to know that you spent so much time and money "(twins,200 stix,fass,head work,ext)" on a truck that you didn't fundamentally like? Silly me, when I was ready to pull the trigger on buying a diesel, I had a short list of things/options that a truck HAD to have in order for me to buy it. A manual trans was one of those things. I could have got a left over brand new truck for not much more than I paid for mine at the same dealer but I walked away from it because it was an automatic.

Anyway, nuff said.*bdh* Hope your project goes well.

unless you want a 47rh or manual vb you will have to swap

Thanks smokeblack! I will be trading everything! it will be just like my truck came with an auto from factory!

And Blu by u! I loved my truck with the stick when i bought it 5 years ago! But now i am making it a race truck and want an auto!!

Thanks for the help guys!
-Eli

Are the two trucks the same year? If not the cruise may not work when your done, also check if one has radio controls on the steering wheel. These are a few things i have ran into on the conversions i have done. Chris

Do you yell all the time or do u just like to put exclamation points on everything? hope this doesnt count as "crap" in your thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hehe::shake:

Jared!!!!!!!

Are the two trucks the same year? If not the cruise may not work when your done, also check if one has radio controls on the steering wheel. These are a few things i have ran into on the conversions i have done. Chris

Thanks for the tips:thankyou2:

Do you yell all the time or do u just like to put exclamation points on everything? hope this doesnt count as "crap" in your thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hehe::shake:

Jared!!!!!!!

wow thanks for the help:bang dumb a$$:kick: