tried to clean up an eyesore...

2008fx4

reliever
everyone knows that one of the downsides to the 08 trucks is that weird looking but supposedly functional tailpipe. i just couldnt stand looking at that discolored hunk of metal hanging out from behind my tire, so i busted out some 2000*F vht flat black header paint and went to town. i think it looks much better.

tips1.jpg

Man, that is a goofy looking tip....The flat black does help the appearance though.

The function is that it lets in fresh air into the exhaust stream before the exhaust exits (yes, that whole 2”). The fresh air keeps the tempt of the exhaust down a couple hundred degrees which helps keep the paint on the car next to you.

Paint, way better. Good call.

Yeah the new exhaust tips on the Fords and Chevys are hideous. The one on my LMM looks like a freakin megaphone! It comes out at an odd angle too. The flat black paint helps it out though. Very very sharp truck BTW.

Would be even better with an MBRP DPF-back dual kit on it. Their new tips for the 6.4 are louvered to let air in.

looks alot better painted and dont get me started on how gay the exhaust looks on the chevys

My brother was talkin of having a set of 5" duals made for his '08