Triple disk time....

Valair. Street triple if your gonna drive it on the street. You can pull it but don't slip it. Get off of it fast. If its more of a dedicated puller step up to the sintered iron weighted triple!!!!

I drag raced and pulled a full season on the street triple and loved it but Dan advised it wasn't gonna live much longer so we decided to go to the sintered iron. And never looked back. This one has a hard season and a half on it and still going strong

Umm think I just smoked mine tonight also trying to do a burn out... It just sat there. So when I pulled in the driveway I couldn't even get the truck out of gear. But the 1/2 mile from my attempted burn out to the drive way it held up fine till I pushed the pedal in and the truck kept moving. Does this sound like the clutch material is gone or maybe a slave or Master cylinder issue?

ummmm it just sat there? Isn't that the idea of a burnout is to not move? Then you pushed the pedal in and the truck kept moving? Sounds like a brake issue. Yep, brakes.

If the clutch was slipping and you kept your foot in it for a while, the heat from the clutch slipping could have done a number of things, for one the friction material could be stuck to the flywheel/pressure plate, stuff in the clutch itself could have warped from the heat, it could have also caused the wishbone to deform so that it won't fully release the clutch (this happened to my SB DD when I let a friend pull the sled).

I'm running valair's street triple. Great drivability and I think shifts smoother than the stock clutch. Has some chatter but I've heard far worse. Ordered straight from them and had great service. Also got the hd hydro assembly and with shipping to Pittsburgh area was just under $2500. Sorry this is also for a g56.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Ill let you know how I make out once I can find a tranny jack. That thing looks a lot heavier than my nv4500 was.

Floor Jack and a 15" brake roter works too. Done it 5 times this season off a creeper. Doesn't mean its easy. Just put new floaters in my triple yesterday.

I never have. Usually have to Jack front of engine up about an inch for reinstallation.

Got the clutch out the other day. It was melted to the pressure plate. Would this couse it to not disengage?

Yes. Any time you get one hot enough to warp or weld them together they tend to not disingage